About the Society
The goal of the Society (VNE)The Society of Dutch Enamellers is a national society which was incorporated in 1983. The Society consists of a broad variety of members like: professional artists, gold- and silversmiths and amateur enamellers. Enamel is what keeps these groups together. The Societies’ goal is to promote enamelling as an art-form. The VNE achieves this goal with joint membership exhibitions and stimulates the exchange of (professional-) knowledge by:
At the same time the VNE maintains contacts with individual international enamellers as well as international societies of enamellers.
Workshops The VNE organizes various workshops about enamelling. Besides that the VNE stimulates members to participate in inland and foreign countries workshops and courses, see workshop agenda on the VNE-website.
Exhibitions At least one combined exhibition is organized yearly for members of the VNE. Judgement of the quality of the art objects takes place by museumpersonel, galery owner ór a special jury of three people. In the case of such a jury, members of this jury are ruled out of participation in the exhibitions.
Contributed work will be judged on:
- technical, esthetical and creative quality;
- originality of the design;
- finishing touch and presentation.
Of course members are free to organize their own exhibitions, alone or together with other members. Frequently there are theme-contests organized with foreign societies, often attached to an exhibition. Information about this and other foreign exhibitions of other enamellers can be found in the overview of exhibtions of the VNE-website.
Information Newsletter For all members, friends, contributors of the VNE, and a select number of advertisers and foreign societies a newsletter is available. (4 x per year).
Besides announcements of the board and other meetings that were or are to be held, bookreviews, reviews of workshops and exhibitions and several tips & tricks about enamelling can be found in this newsletter.
VNE-magazine ‘Emaille’ The specialist journal of the VNE ‘Emaille’ (1x per year) is an colour printed edition with a specific theme. Members of the VNE receive this journal.
Website A lot of information can be found on this website. Some of this information is saved as a “pdf-document”. An explanation about the use of these files can be found here.
E-newsletterOn irregular basis the e-newsletter will be sent. In this newsletter we will announce f.e. exhibitions and ask for your support for questions from the “FAQ” section of the website.
You can subscribe to the e-newsletter here.
Board and committees Information about the board and the various committees can be found on here.
Membership / Membership-fee Members € 70,- per year
Students* € 25,- per year
Contributors as of € 30,- per year
Contribution for foreign contributors is without costs of the banktransfer.
* When you apply as a student-member you have to deliver proof of registration from an academy of arts or a similar academy.
A memberslist is available for members only and can be obtained at the “members only” page.
Applying as a member When you want to become a member or contributor of our society you can apply here. Domestic Regulations of the VNE can be seen here and will be sent to you after applying. (available in Dutch only)
To send in workThe VNE makes use of the following conditions when work is to be placed on the photogallery of the VNE-website:
- The photogallery is for members of the society only.
- Pictures of work have to be sent to the webmaster. Please send a curriculum vitae and a passport photograph along with it.
- Define which address details you like to be seen on the website, if it is allowed to publish your telephone number and e-mailaddress (e-mailaddress are encrypted because of spammers).
- Foreign sent in work will not be returned.
- For every picture describe the
- used techniques;
- used material;
- title of the work; and
- At least two pictures, ten at the utmost.
- Read the technical specifications first before sending work to us.
- It is the responsibility of the member of the VNE, who sends in (or has sent in) text or photographs, to take care of copyrights and that there will be no payments whatsoever for these copyrights. After publishing the material on the website of the VNE the copyright will still be in hands of the member.
- When a member sends in material and not explicitly mentions that an allowance on forhand is necessarry the VNE is entitled to use the material for promotional intentions such as exhibitions and events.
- (Commercial) use of the material which has been sent in - other then the mentioned society activities (including exhibitions where work can be sold) here above - is exclusively for the member only.
- The webcommittee will take care of mentioning copyright and good use of all the material that has been sent in when galery owners, museums and others will publish the material.
- The webcommittee will notify members of whom material will be used as mentioned above. When in doubt the webcommittee will contact the member first.
Pdf-documents To provide specific information the VNE makes use of so called ‘pdf’-documents. These documents have several advantages:
- You can view, print, search and share pdf-documents on several platforms.
- You will see an article/bookreview in the originally designed and published format.
- You can download these documents and read them after you have closed your internet connection.
What are pdf-documents? The term ‘pdf’ stands for ‘Portable Document Format’. Pdf-documents actually are pictures of text and photograhs.Acrobat Reader When you want to view a pdf-document you will need a ‘viewer’. Acrobat Reader makes it possible to view these documents.
Mostly Acrobat Reader is installed on your computer but when you dont have it on yours, you can get if for free at the website of Adobe. What happens when you open a pdf-document? Dependent on the settings of your browser the document will be opened or you will be asked to save it. Downloading a pdf-document is reasonably fast. When you first save the pdf-document on your computer you can view it after you have closed your internet connection. Usefull when you use a telephonemodem. Problems with pdf-bestanden? When there are problems with opening a pdf-document, check if Acrobat Reader of Adobe is installed on your computer. If not, go the link mentioned above, download and install the program. When Acrobat Reader is installed and despite that there are still problems, go to the Adobe website to solve the problem.